A ‘cook’ is a recorded session, including graphing, of your cook. This feature allows users to track cook times, manage temperatures, add notes and descriptions to cooks, share cooks with friends and on social media, and upload pictures.
If you are recording a cook, your CyberQ Cloud must be registered on and connected to ShareMyCook. The CyberQ Cloud will send updates to ShareMyCook every 15 seconds during a cook with a good WiFi connection . You should expect to see an update about 3 to 4 times a minute.
- To start recording a cook, go to the main dashboard and select ‘Create Cook’. You can also access this page by clicking the ‘Manage’ drop down menu and select ‘Manage Cooks’, and then clicking on 'Add New'button.
- If you want to create a cook quickly, just type in a Name of the cook,select your CyberQ Cloud device, and then click 'Save and Start Recording'. If you're not ready to start recording, you can just hit 'Save', and start recording later.
- If you want to track many other details of your recorded cook, you can track many other details:
- Select the grill you will be using for your cook by clicking on the circle above your grill name. (If you haven’t added a grill to your profile yet, click ‘Add Grill’.)
- Select which device you will using for your cook by clicking on the circle (radio button) next to your device name. (If you haven’t added a device to your profile yet, click ‘Add Device’.)
- To describe your cook, enter the type of food you are making and its weight next to ‘Food 1’, ‘Food 2’ or ‘Food 3’. For example, type ‘Ribs’ or ‘Pulled Pork’.
- If you have a saved recipe you would like to select, click the drop down menu next to ‘Recipe’. (If you want to add a new recipe, click ‘Add New Recipe’.)
- To upload an image of your cook, click ‘Choose File’ under ‘Upload Gallery Photo’. This gallery image is special because it will be the main thumbnail image of your cook and will appear in your account and publicly on ShareMyCook. (You can always edit and update this later.) If you don't upload a food image, the site will display a generic image.
- When you save your cook, it will automatically be made publicly available on ShareMyCook by default unless you change your privacy settings. If you only want specific people to view your cook, you can password protect your cook by clicking the checkbox next to ‘Password Protect Cook?’ You will then be prompted to type in a password of your choice to make the cook private. If your cook is password protected, users will need to enter your password before they can view it.
- By default, users will be able to make comments on your cook. If you want to disable this option, uncheck the checkbox next to ‘Allow Comments’.
- By default, users will be able to rate your cooks on a scale from 1 to 5 stars. If you want to disable this option, uncheck the checkbox next to ‘Allow Rating’.
- If you are not ready to start recording, you can click 'Save' so you can start recording later.
- If you are ready to start recording, click ‘Save and Start Recording’. Your cook will now be recording your temperatures live and you will be automatically directed to a list of your recorded cooks. (Note: You can also access this page by clicking ‘Manage’ from the drop down menu and selecting ‘My Cooks’.)
- From the 'My Cooks' page (available under 'Manage' drop down and 'My Cooks') you can start or stop your recording. You can also start and stop recording from the 'View Cook' page.