MONOLITH CONTROL MOUNT SETUP:
Before using a BBQ Guru temperature control unit with the Monolith BBQ Guru Edition, the control mount must be attached to the grill.
1. Align the Monolith control mount in front of the predrilled hole on the left bamboo side table.
2. Push the control mount screw through the predrilled hole on the left side table and fasten it tightly with the nut.
3. On the back of the BBQ Guru temperature control unit, there are two metal hook pins. Align the pins to the Monolith control mount and push it through the pre-drilled holes.
4. Slide the BBQ Guru temperature control unit down the control mount. This will lock and secure the device into place.
All Monolith BBQ Guru Editions are equipped with a BBQ Guru temperature control fan housing. This feature allows the user to control the amount of air flowing into the grill.
1. Take the spiral fan cord that is included with the BBQ Guru temperature control unit. Fully insert one end of the spiral fan cord into the fan port located on the control.
2. Take the other end of the spiral fan cord and fully insert it into the side of the fan housing. IMPORTANT NOTE: When using a BBQ Guru temperature control unit to maintain cooking temperatures (400°F or below), turn the fan knob counterclockwise (left) to move it into the ON position. Move the fan knob clockwise (right) to turn it OFF.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When the BBQ Guru temperature control unit is NOT in use, ALWAYS make sure the fan dial is turned to the OFF position. This will prevent heat from getting in and destroying the fan unit.
IMPORTANT NOTE: ALWAYS turn the fan housing OFF when cooking over 400°F. This will prevent damage to the fan housing.